LegitScript is a great place to work, and we’re hiring!
We’re looking for creative (quirky, even) people to help us make sense of the murky and fascinating world of pharmaceutical and drug-related cybercrime. Right now, we’re hiring for a few positions: Ruby on Rails Developer, Multilingual Analysts, and Legal Analyst.
LegitScript is the leader in online health care compliance. We are experts on dangerous online pharmacies and health supplements and work to keep consumers safe from both. We’re based in Portland, Oregon, which is known for its overall livability; great coffee and local microbrews; nearly year-around outdoor sports (kayaking, paddle boarding, skiing, hiking); and being eternally sunny and warm. (Okay, that last part isn’t exactly true.)
LegitScript offers a full benefits package. We have a collaborative and fun work environment. We have stand up desks. We have an office dog. Many of us bike into work. We’re a small company (about 15 people at present) but work hard and love what we do. And it’s a no-drama work environment.
You can read more about us here or here.
About the positions
The positions below are based out of our headquarters in Portland, Oregon. You should not mind rain; should like dogs; and (please!) should not be involved yourself in any type of international organized cybercrime networks or prescription drug cartels. If you think you meet any of the criteria below, drop us a note at jobs[at]legitscript.com.
Anyway, LegitScript is hiring for a:
1. Rails Developer
We’re looking for a full-stack developer experienced in dynamic languages (Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP) and database-driven web development to join our team and assist with new challenges as we grow and expand.
Our ideal candidate would be an experienced Ruby on Rails developer with strong core Ruby skills. We also welcome applications from self-driven individuals who have at least two years work experience with another dynamic language and MVC frameworks such as Django or CakePHP.
You will be working hand-in-hand with internal clients to develop new features, as well as refactoring existing code, for both our Rails applications and pure Ruby backend projects. Along with full-stack developers, our tech team consists of a Data Architect, a System Administrator, with plenty of interaction and opportunity to bounce ideas off each other. You will have a lot of autonomy in terms of design and implementation. We’re always willing to embrace new techniques and technologies to improve our applications and keep the job interesting.
- Experience designing and implementing web applications with Ruby on Rails (or similar MVC frameworks such as Django or CakePHP)
- Strong in MySQL
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- You’re here in Portland, or in the general region, or are willing to move here
- You have a strong work ethic and the ability to quickly adapt
- RSpec experience, and TDD when it makes sense (we test all our code)
- Web design/front-end skills – particularly standards-based, clean, maintainable HTML5 and CSS3 code
- Server administration (Linux/Apache)
- Scaling (database and application)
- Information security knowledge
- AI knowledge
- Github account or similar
2. Multilingual Analyst – entry level
We’re looking for an analyst that is fluent in one of the following languages (in addition to being fluent in English) to help us classify and organize data on a large scale:
- Fluency (native or near native) in one of the languages above.
- Demonstrated research skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and draw conclusions from data sets
- Insatiable curiosity and a love for problem solving
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree
- Or background in military intelligence, criminal justice, cyber-security or similar field
- Knowledge of Internet investigative techniques
- Familiarity with the health sector
- Familiarity with Internet infrastructure (registrars, ISPs, ICANN)
We are looking for candidates that are interested in a long-term career involving investigation, research, and analysis.
3. Legal Analyst
About the position:
We’re looking for an attorney or legal analyst to join our in-house legal team. You would help us research and monitor the health supplement and psychoactive substance market on the Internet. The position will require you to develop (or already have) familiarity with the laws and regulations related to prescription drugs, dietary supplements and controlled substances. You’ll be helping make the Internet a safer place by keeping track of which psychoactive “legal highs,” dietary and bodybuilding supplements or other “herbal” medicines are known to pose dangers (e.g., has an FDA warning), and helping advise the major Internet and e-Commerce platforms regarding compliance.
The ideal candidate would have a strong legal research background with an interest in the health sector, as well as a high comfort level with performing online research. A candidate that is fluent in multiple languages (including English) will be given preference. The position requires a keen eye for detail and the ability to compile large amounts of data from multiple sources into well-thought out conclusions. LegitScript offers competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and a full benefits package.
- 1-4 years experience in a legal research position
- Bachelors or post-grad degree (JD is preferred)
- Extremely detail oriented
- Familiarity with law and policy (healthcare, pharmaceutical and/or Internet compliance a bonus)
- Impeccable judgment
- Detective-like curiosity
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge of Internet research techniques
- Familiarity with the health/ bodybuilding supplement sector
- Familiarity with FDA and/or DEA regulations or a background in health law
- Fluent in multiple languages
If you think you’d be a good fit, please visit us at legitscript.com/about/careers to apply. We’d love to hear from you!