Get Your Copy of the FAQ
“Novel food” is a classification for food or food ingredients in the European Union (EU). Because the import and sale of novel foods are regulated in the EU, payment service providers should know if their merchants are shipping novel foods, such as CBD, to EU countries.
This 20-page FAQ guide covers important topics you should know around these technologies, including:
- What are novel foods?
- Who regulates novel foods and how?
- How does an ingredient or product become a novel food?
- Does the Novel Food Regulation still apply in the UK?
- What are some examples of novel foods?
- Is CBD considered a novel food?
- Are there potentially problematic ingredients to watch out for?