Be one of the first to take part!
For the first three months, LegitScript will process only a limited number of applications — approximately 30.
It's a unique opportunity for providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment in the United States to stand out from the crowd and participate in advertising on Google.
Addiction Treatment Certification is an important new service from LegitScript for providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment.
LegitScript provides the only certification service for drug and alcohol addiction treatment providers that is recognized by Google. Avoid costly interruptions to your Google ads by getting LegitScript-certified.
Who Addiction Treatment Certification applies to:
- In-Person Addiction Treatment: Any website, application, or merchant that provides information about in-person drug or alcohol addiction treatment, or facilitates in-person or online drug or alcohol treatment, other than at a private residence or non-clinical setting. Currently, recovery residences, which do not provide clinical services or addiction treatment, provide or purport to provide a cooperative living environment in a non-commercial location (a private residence or similar setting), and are not part of a larger treatment program offered by an addiction treatment provider, are not eligible for certification.
- Mutual Support Groups: Any website, application, online forum, or merchant that does not offer treatment for drugs or alcohol, but that facilitates interactions between non-professional members engaged in recovery.
- Crisis Hotlines: Any website, application, call center, chat feature, or telephone number that provides or purports to provide remote assistance or information to individuals who are in recovery or who are seeking information about addiction or addiction treatment, or to any person associated with such individuals, that does not identify particular treatment facilities or entities on the site itself.
This program is currently only open to providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment in the United States. Outside the United States, ads for addiction services are currently not allowed on Google.
Why Choose LegitScript
LegitScript Certification helps ensure that providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment can participate in online advertising on Google.
Prevent Advertising Disruptions
Uncertified advertisers of addiction treatment services risk having their campaigns paused or suspended. By becoming LegitScript-certified, you can plan your Google advertising campaign with confidence and prevent these costly interruptions. LegitScript is the only independent certification organization that is recognized by Google for this purpose.
Stand out from the Crowd
Rising patient awareness and increased government intervention are helping to drive the growth of addiction treatment services. How will you stand out from the crowd? LegitScript's Addiction Treatment Certification helps you differentiate your services from both legitimate competitors and addiction treatment facilities involved in illicit activities. Being LegitScript-certified builds trust with your prospective patients by letting them know you operate safely and legally.
Work with a Trusted Partner
As the leader in healthcare-related certification, LegitScript has earned the trust of regulatory authorities and credit card companies, as well as major search engines and e-commerce platforms around the world, including Google, Bing, Facebook, and Amazon.
How It Works
LegitScript's Addiction Treatment Certification ensures that providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment services, including in-patient addiction treatment, mutual support groups, and crisis hotlines, are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
If you are an advertiser or an addiction treatment provider, what do you need to know?
- You can apply for LegitScript Certification here.
- For the first three months of the program, LegitScript will accept up to 30 applicants to take part. Others will be waitlisted.
- Once you are certified, you'll be given the green light to run ads on Google.
- You can’t just get certified and then drop out of the program: ongoing monitoring is required.
Pricing is on a per-facility basis and will depend on the number of unique facilities you have.
|Number of unique facilities||Application fee per unique facility*||Annual fee per unique facility|
|1 to 9||$995||$1,995|
|10 to 24||$945||$1,870|
|25 to 49||$895||$1,745|
|50 to 99||$845||$1,620|
* The application fee is non-refundable. In certain circumstances, fee waivers may be available.