Addiction Treatment Certification is an important service from LegitScript for providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment.
LegitScript provides the only certification service for drug and alcohol addiction treatment providers that is relied on by Google, Bing, and Facebook to vet advertisers for eligibility. Reduce costly interruptions to your Google Ads, Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads by getting LegitScript-certified.
Who Addiction Treatment Certification applies to:
- In-Person Addiction Treatment (Google, Bing, and Facebook): Any website, application, or merchant that provides information about in-person drug or alcohol addiction treatment, or facilitates in-person or online drug or alcohol treatment, other than at a private residence or non-clinical setting.
- Mutual Support Groups (Google, Bing, and Facebook): Any website, application, online forum, or merchant that does not offer treatment for drugs or alcohol, but that facilitates interactions between non-professional members engaged in recovery.
- Crisis Hotlines (Google and Facebook): Any website, application, call center, chat feature, or telephone number that provides or purports to provide remote assistance or information to individuals who are in recovery or who are seeking information about addiction or addiction treatment, or to any person associated with such individuals, that does not identify particular treatment facilities or entities on the site itself.
This program is currently only open to providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment in the United States.
Why Choose LegitScript
LegitScript Certification helps ensure that providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment can participate in online advertising on Google, Bing, and Facebook.
Unlock Your Advertising Potential
In 2018, major search engines started suspending addiction treatment ads. Now, drug and alcohol addiction treatment providers in the US can get back their online advertising presence by getting LegitScript-certified. LegitScript is the only independent certification organization that is recognized by Google, Bing, and Facebook to advertise addiction treatment services online.
Stand out from the Crowd
Rising patient awareness and increased government intervention are helping to drive the growth of addiction treatment services. How will you stand out from the crowd? LegitScript’s Addiction Treatment Certification helps differentiate your services from both legitimate competitors and addiction treatment facilities involved in illicit activities. Being LegitScript-certified builds trust with your prospective patients by letting them know you operate safely and legally.
Gain Approval from a Trusted Third Party
As the leading third-party certification expert in complex healthcare sectors, LegitScript has earned the trust of regulatory authorities, credit card companies, major search engines, and e-commerce platforms around the world, including Google, Bing, Facebook, and Amazon.
Our partners include:
Into Action Recovery Centers Testimonial
Shane Leonard co-founded Into Action Recovery Centers (IARC) in 2010 with a sincere desire to assist others in recovering from addiction. His goals for IARC are to provide a local resource for quality treatment at an affordable cost in an environment that is most conducive to positive outcomes. To help with that, he turned to LegitScript.
Why get certified? One of our analysts explains the benefits.
Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Analyst Aubrey Yates describes how she does much more than certify addiction treatment businesses — she partners with them to help them grow their revenue by demonstrating to the public and to others that they operate safely and legally.
How It Works
LegitScript's Addiction Treatment Certification ensures that providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment services, including in-patient addiction treatment, mutual support groups, and crisis hotlines, are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
If you are an advertiser or an addiction treatment provider, what do you need to know?
- You can apply for LegitScript Certification here.
- Applications are processed in the order they are received. An expedited processing service is an option for applicants wanting to expedite the start of their application review.
- Certification is required by Google, Bing, and Facebook. Once you are certified and approved by these platforms, you'll be eligible to run ads.
- You can’t just get certified and then drop out of the program: ongoing monitoring is required.
LegitScript also offers a service to help monitor the usage of your brand online. Based on predefined* branded search terms of your choosing, you’ll get regularly scheduled reports based on results from the internet’s top search engines, including Google, Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, and others. Our research analysts then review your report and include a summary so that you can easily understand your results and take appropriate action. For further information and pricing, contact us.
At present, recovery residences and lead generators are not eligible for LegitScript certification. (“Recovery residences” is not to be confused with “residential treatment centers,” which are fine.) We define these terms as:
An applicant is a recovery residence if:
- You aren’t providing clinical services or addiction treatment (it’s a non-clinical environment);
- You provide a cooperative living environment; and
- The location is non-commercial – it’s a private residence or similar setting – and isn’t part of a larger treatment program offered by an addiction treatment provider.
We may be able to accept applications for recovery residences in the future, but currently, we don’t. Feel free to check back.
An applicant is a lead generator if:
- Your website is not owned, operated, or commonly controlled by the entity that owns or operates the addiction treatment provider to which it refers internet users, and
- You refer potential clients to third party addiction treatment providers, irrespective of whether those addiction treatment providers independently meet LegitScript certification criteria.
This is not intended to prohibit government-affiliated websites or bona fide addiction treatment applicants that, as an ancillary part of their business, refer patients to other addiction treatment centers. It is intended to prohibit applicants for whom the primary business strategy is compensated, for-profit referrals and that otherwise meet the definition of these bullets.
For more information, please refer to our Addiction Treatment Certification Standards and Addiction Treatment Certification Terms and Conditions.
Pricing is on a per-facility basis and will depend on the number of unique facilities you have. If you are seeking certification for a government-affiliated domain, please contact us for pricing.
LegitScript considers a "unique facility" to be the number of distinct corporate entities you have, as defined by Secretary of State filings, that are providing addiction treatment services OR the number of distinct locations you have that are providing addiction treatment services, even if under the same corporate registration.
|Number of Unique Facilities||Application Fee Per Unique Facility**||Annual Fee Per Unique Facility***|
|1 to 9||$1,495 USD||$2,875 USD|
|10 to 24||$1,395 USD||$2,575 USD|
|25 to 49||$1,295 USD||$2,375 USD|
|50 to 99||$1,095 USD||$2,175 USD|
|100+||$995 USD||$1,975 USD|
LegitScript supports independent practitioners who want to get certified. Pricing below is for practices that have one to three practitioners, one physical location, one website, and whose practitioners have no affiliation with a larger addiction treatment organization.
|Application Fee**||Annual Fee***|
|$495 USD||$995 USD|
* Includes three to five branded terms.
** The application fee is nonrefundable.
*** Annual monitoring fees will be applicable upon certification. Ongoing monitoring ensures that facilities stay in compliance after they have been certified. Qualifying nonprofits that are facing hardship may have their annual fee waived when they declare hardship during the application process. LegitScript will determine eligibility based on data provided on the hardship form.