Addiction Treatment Certification is an important service from LegitScript for providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment.
LegitScript provides the only certification service for drug and alcohol addiction treatment providers that is relied on by Google, Bing, and Facebook to vet advertisers for eligibility. Reduce costly interruptions to your Google Ads, Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads by getting LegitScript-certified.
Who Addiction Treatment Certification applies to:
- In-Person Addiction Treatment (Google, Bing, and Facebook): Any website, application, or merchant that provides information about in-person drug or alcohol addiction treatment, or facilitates in-person or online drug or alcohol treatment, other than at a private residence or non-clinical setting.
- Mutual Support Groups (Google and Bing): Any website, application, online forum, or merchant that does not offer treatment for drugs or alcohol, but that facilitates interactions between non-professional members engaged in recovery.
- Crisis Hotlines (Google): Any website, application, call center, chat feature, or telephone number that provides or purports to provide remote assistance or information to individuals who are in recovery or who are seeking information about addiction or addiction treatment, or to any person associated with such individuals, that does not identify particular treatment facilities or entities on the site itself.
This program is currently only open to providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment in the United States.
Why Choose LegitScript
LegitScript Certification helps ensure that providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment can participate in online advertising on Google, Bing, and Facebook.
Reduce Advertising Disruptions
Uncertified advertisers of addiction treatment services risk having their campaigns paused or suspended. By becoming LegitScript-certified, you can plan your Google, Bing, and Facebook advertising campaigns with more confidence. LegitScript is the only independent certification organization that is recognized by Google, Bing, and Facebook for this purpose.
Stand out from the Crowd
Rising patient awareness and increased government intervention are helping to drive the growth of addiction treatment services. How will you stand out from the crowd? LegitScript's Addiction Treatment Certification helps you differentiate your services from both legitimate competitors and addiction treatment facilities involved in illicit activities. Being LegitScript-certified builds trust with your prospective patients by letting them know you operate safely and legally.
Work with a Trusted Partner
As the leader in healthcare-related certification, LegitScript has earned the trust of regulatory authorities and credit card companies, as well as major search engines and e-commerce platforms around the world, including Facebook, Google, Bing, and Amazon.
Our partners include:
How It Works
LegitScript's Addiction Treatment Certification ensures that providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment services, including in-patient addiction treatment, mutual support groups, and crisis hotlines, are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
If you are an advertiser or an addiction treatment provider, what do you need to know?
- You can apply for LegitScript Certification here.
- Applications are processed in the order they are received.
- Certification is required by Google, Bing, and Facebook. Once you are certified and approved by these platforms, you'll be eligible to run ads.
- You can’t just get certified and then drop out of the program: ongoing monitoring is required.
At present, recovery residences and lead generators are not eligible for LegitScript certification. (“Recovery residences” is not to be confused with “residential treatment centers,” which are fine.) We define these terms as:
An applicant is a recovery residence if:
- You aren’t providing clinical services or addiction treatment (it’s a non-clinical environment);
- You provide a cooperative living environment; and
- The location is non-commercial – it’s a private residence or similar setting – and isn’t part of a larger treatment program offered by an addiction treatment provider.
We may be able to accept applications for recovery residences in the future, but currently, we don’t. Feel free to check back.
An applicant is a lead generator if:
- Your website is not owned, operated or commonly controlled by the entity that owns or operates the addiction treatment provider to which it refers internet users, and
- You refer potential clients to third party addiction treatment providers, irrespective of whether those addiction treatment providers independently meet LegitScript certification criteria.
This is not intended to prohibit bona fide addiction treatment applicants that, as an ancillary part of their business, refer patients to other addiction treatment centers. It is intended to prohibit applicants for whom the primary business strategy is compensated, for-profit referrals and that otherwise meet the definition of these bullets.
Pricing is on a per-facility basis and will depend on the number of unique facilities you have.
LegitScript considers a "unique facility" to be the number of distinct corporate entities you have, as defined by Secretary of State filings, that are providing addiction treatment services OR the number of distinct locations you have that are providing addiction treatment services, even if under the same corporate registration.
|Number of unique facilities||Application fee per unique facility*||Annual fee per unique facility|
|1 to 9||$995||$1,995|
|10 to 24||$945||$1,870|
|25 to 49||$895||$1,745|
|50 to 99||$845||$1,620|
* The application fee is non-refundable.